Last year, Ulbrich kicked off summer by inviting our community — everyone from team members and customers to friends and family — to read with us for the first time. It was a great experience and we had many folks from employees to customers to the extended family of each jump in and read with us.
Given the success of the program last year, we’re back at it again with a new 2023 Summer Reading List! It’s known by many of you reading this that continuous professional and personal development is one of our four tenets and summer is the perfect time to expand your horizons by reading a great book or two.
Our 2023 Summer Reading List builds on the book list from last year, and incorporates some feedback and suggestions from a variety of sources, such as Chris Ulbrich, key customers & suppliers, and other members of the Ulbrich community. This year we’re including more fiction and non-fiction books, each a page-turner guaranteed to introduce readers to new ideas, characters, and conflicts. Furthermore, we have added a brand new section introducing our community to some of our favorite manufacturing podcast channels. Whether you’re looking to find motivation, education, or entertainment, there’s a book or podcast for you!
Visit 2023 Summer Reading List | Ulbrich to learn more about each book, find out where to purchase physical or digital editions, discover new podcasts that speak to you, and sign up for our Summer 2023 Book Club.
Ulbrich's 2023 Summer Reading List
- Bowerman & The Men of Oregon: The Story of Oregon's Legendary Coach and Nike's Cofounder
- Radically Human: How New Technology is Transforming Business and Shaping Our World
- Smart Brevity: The Power of Saying More With Less
- Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination
- A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea
- Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel
- The Water Will Come: Rising Seas, Sinking Cities, and the Remaking of the Civilized World
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
- Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer
- Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity
- The Face on the Milk Carton
- A Flicker in the Dark
New 2023: Best Recommended Manufacturing Podcasts
Connect With Us
Welcome to year two of the Ulbrich summer reading program. If you’re reading something from our list, we’d love to hear what you think! Drop us a line on LinkedIn and let us know your thoughts on what you’re reading.
Happy Learning = Happy Summer!